Membership: Texas Card House is a private social club; use of the Club is restricted at all times to Members in good standing. Memberships are available to individuals in daily, monthly, and yearly terms. All new Members are subject to a 1 month probationary period. The Texas Card House Membership Committee meets monthly to review the status of all Memberships including granting or denying full Membership to probationary Members. Memberships are also available to charities and businesses for special events
Food and Alcohol: Texas Card House has a full service bar with beer, wine, and mixed drinks available for purchase. Members may bring in food and have food delivered. Texas Card House may provide food catering from time to time for special events. Texas Card House reserves the right to remove intoxicated persons for safety, etiquette, and enjoyment of the Members and Staff
Firearms and Other Weapons: No firearms or other weapons are permitted in Texas Card House. All Texas Card House locations post Texas Penal Code compliant 30.06 and 30.07 signs prohibiting the carry of concealed and/or open carry firearms.
Dues and Fees: Membership dues must be current at all times for Members to use the Club facilities. Club Access Fees are due and payable at the close of each session when a Member checks out. Members failing to check out when leaving will be charged the entirety of the remainder of the Club operating hours for that day. Unpaid balances must be cleared before a Member can check in for a new session. Memberships are available in daily, monthly, or yearly terms.
Gameplay: All poker games at Texas Card House follow World Series of Poker (‘WSOP’) rules for cash and tournament games except where stated below. Texas Card House dealers and managers are trained in WSOP rules and enforce the spirit and the letter of the rules in all circumstances. Rulings on gameplay are considered final only by discretion of the management of Texas Card House in accordance with WSOP rules. If an incorrect rule interpretation or decision is made in good faith, Texas Card House has no liability.
– There is NO active betting line. A bet is binding when a player releases chips to the felt after a single forward motion into the betting area. The betting area: the space in the center of the table; past a player’s hole cards. Forward motion binds a player to a bet. The release of the chips will then determine the amount of the bet. A stack of chips slid forward on the felt will be a bet of the full stack. All other WSOP Live-Action and Tournament betting rules apply where applicable..
– If a player returns to the same game within two hours of cashing out, the buy-in must be equal to the amount removed when leaving that game.
– Short-buy option at $1-2 NLH. A player may short-buy one time during a session for at least 50% of the minimum buy-in. Must be approved by floor supervisor.
– Running multiple boards. In games with a maximum buy-in ($1-2 NLH, $2-3 NLH, $1-2 Bring-in $5), players must be heads-up and one player must be all-in to be able to run the board two or three times. No multiple boards for side-pots.
– Allowances for games with no maximum buy-ins (i.e. $5-5 NLH, $5-5 PLO, $5-10 NLH): bomb-pots, sleeper-straddles, running multiple boards in multi-way pots (pots with more than two players involved).
– Bomb-Pot Rules
– – They are allowed every round plus one hand, so that every player has an opportunity for the button
– – The player in the dealer button position has the option to choose a single or double board
– – Bomb-pot hand will be consistent with variant being played (NLH bomb-pot in NLH games; PLO bomb-pot in PLO games)
– – Players have the option to sit out of the bomb-pot hand
– Straddle Rules:
– – No-limit: straddle is allowed under-the-gun and on the button. Button straddle has priority. Amount must be double the big blind. Straddle becomes new minimum bet pre-flop. Minimum bet post-flop is the amount of the big blind.
– – Pot-limit: allowed under-the-gun. Straddle must be double the minimum bet. Re-straddles are allowed and must double previous straddle amount.
– – Limit: a single straddle is allowed under-the-gun. The straddle does not raise the amount of the betting limit; just becomes an extra bet pre-flop.
– – Sleeper-Straddle Rules: In a button game, a bet placed before the initial deal in any position except: under-the-gun, in the blinds, or a re-straddle position. It becomes a live straddle if the pre-flop actions before the sleeper-straddle bet are all folds. If the action before the sleeper-straddle involves chips (call or raise), then the sleeper-straddle is removed and that position will have all its normal options in turn. The sleeper-straddle follows all other Texas Card House straddle rules when applicable.
– Pot limit: the opening bet allowed will be the amount of the big blind up to five times the amount of the big blind
– English only on or around the tables
– No electronic device use (phone, tablet, computer, etc.) while playing a live hand. Players not in the hand may reasonably use electronic devices
– No smoking or vaping is allowed at the tables or anywhere else in the Club. Please go outside and at least 15 feet away from the entrance.