Game Play Rulings: All decisions relating to gameplay will refer to the most recent WSOP Cash Game and/or WSOP Tournament rules. However, a floor manager (Or acting floor manager) may, in good faith, rule otherwise if it’s in the best interest of the game. All floor managers decisions are final. In case of an incorrect ruling or interpretation being made in good faith, TCHRGV maintains no liability.
Etiquette: Members and Staff Members alike are expected to maintain a professional and respectful demeanor while at Texas Card House RGV. In the event the acting floor manager decides a member’s behavior is inappropriate that manager may ask the player to discontinue the behavior or ask them to leave. Failure to comply with that request may result in losing membership privileges and/or being banned from the facility. Below are some common behaviors that will not be tolerated:
- Threats, arguments, insults (direct or indirect), or any other offensive behaviors
- Slow Rolling: Intentionally stalling to show the winning hand to upset another player
- Angle Shooting: Intentionally using a rule in a way to gain an unfair advantage over another player. For example, throwing a single “Tip Chip” forward facing a bet to mislead the betting player into thinking you are calling.
- Collusion: There will be ZERO tolerance for all forms of collusion. In the event collusion is discovered, TCHRGV reserves the right to correct the situation as they see fit. This includes forfeiture of chips. Collusion includes but is not limited to:
- Communicating the strength of your or another player’s hand to another player with action pending
- Marking or tampering with any device, including and especially the playing cards.
Straddles: In all No-Limit and Pot Limit cash games, a straddle bet may be placed in either the position directly to the left of the posted Big Blind or on the Button. If being placed left of the Big Blind, a player may straddle for as little as twice the Big Blind up to their entire starting stack. If a player would like to place a straddle on their button, it must be for a minimum of $5 or up to double the Big Blind, whichever is greater. A player must announce or have the straddle placed before receiving their first card.
“Running it” Multiple Times: Hands may be ran multiple times in “all-in” situations (Max 3) if the players involved all agree to do so. In the event there are multiple players, and one (1) or more players choose not to participate, only the main board will be used for that pot.
Must Moves: All games will utilize a “Must Move” system when there are multiple of the same game type running. The must move system is enforced to keep the first table started for the day of each game type most full of players. Please see a floor manager for complete details.
Language: Players are always permitted to speak both English and Spanish while at the table.
Chips and Cards: Chips and cards should always remain on the table, except for a player cashing out their chips for the session. Do not hide the chips or cards from other players, including hiding larger denomination chips behind smaller denomination chips.
Player Responsibility: Players are responsible for knowing all action, rules, and always protecting their best interest in the game. This includes but is not limited to; protecting their cards from being mucked from the dealer or other players, calling a bet of an unknown amount, protecting their action in turn, and any other mis understandings at the table.
Electronic Devices: The use of electronic devices is permitted at the table if the use of the device does not interfere with the game. Also, players are not permitted to use the devices in two-way communication with another player at the table.